Fran and Rumor, her homebred Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, pose for a photo with judge Mr. Dennis Homes, after awarding them Best in Show.
Ribbons and titles and fun, oh my!
Are you a serious dog enthusiast looking for some real fun with your dog? Let’s get you into the show ring!
I’ll teach you how to show like a pro—and compete with them, too. Get ready to take home titles, ribbons, and bragging rights!
I’ll teach you how to win at:
- Ring procedure and etiquette. Learn what to expect when you enter the ring, and how to handle yourself like a pro.
- Ring showing. I’ll teach you gait patterns and show you how to properly gait your dog so you both move like champs in the ring.
- The examination podium. You’ll learn hand stacking, free stacking, how to teach your dog to stand for examination, how to show your dog’s teeth to the judge, baiting, and how to emphasize your dog’s virtues.
- Great win photos. Once you’ve won, use these techniques to help your dog shine in your win photo, something you’ll cherish forever.
Two ways to work together
- Customized show handling training guidance: I’ll create a training plan customized to your show goals and your dog’s learning needs. And then, most importantly, I’ll help you implement your plan, guiding you through the training program step-by-step.
- Show handling classes: I teach group show handling classes (also called breed handling classes) at the Port Chester Obedience Dog Training Club in White Plains, NY.
“A brag—We won WB, BOW, BOB and, best of all, a Group 1 in Owner Handler. Yay to me and Alex and kudos to you for all your help and training!” –Kathie (aka Alex’ mom)
“You gave me the confidence…”
“Jara and I thank you for your help in getting us to 2018 Top 10 Lowchen. You gave me the confidence to believe in my Lioness. We love you.” –Jara & Rose
My favorite show handling tip
Here’s a quick tip
If you want to shine like a professional, make patience your mantra. The trick to success in the ring is to train at your dog’s speed. It’s tempting to push farther faster, but this is one area where the tortoise wins the race—and the ribbon!
Show dog handling, breed handling, and conformation training for dog enthusiasts in Bergen County, NJ and Rockland County, NY, including Suffern, Nyack, West Nyack, Nanuet, Mahwah, Franklin Lakes, Ridgewood, Oakland, White Plains, Westchester, Scarsdale, Tarrytown.